Considering Prophet 6

The Sequential Prophet-6 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

vitek

Considering Prophet 6

Post by vitek » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:05 am

Hi folks,

I'm a bit itchy to get P6 and I'd love to hear your opinions. I was considering P8/P6 and my impressions are - while P6 is not as feature packed, it's more solid sounding, has more warmth in it's character, less things to tweak, but it sounds pretty much great whatever you dial in. I already own Tempest and I love the sound. On the other hand, it's underdevelopped buggy product and it's noisy for the price. I'm a bit afraid what to expect from P6?

All the demos I've heard sound beautiful and I'm in love with how it sounds, but I guess I need the last bits to convince myself to buy or not to buy :))

I'd be grateful for your views .)

Martin3

Re: Considering Prophet 6

Post by Martin3 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi,

Tempest is relatively close to the Prophet 8, Filters Oscs and the Mod Matrix. P6 would be more different i guess, the impression of not much Modulations is somehow misleading because it gets rather complex quick, those buttons are cool way to add some modulations while playing.

Hope this helps,

Martin

PS Tempest will get bugfix update this year.

vitek

Post by vitek » Sun May 22, 2016 9:42 am

Hi Martin,

many thanks. I didn't resist for long and placed and order pretty soon. P6 is really sweet sounding synth. It does feel like a real thing to me. Pretty much every sound you dial in has massive body and bottom end .. wow... this instrument is a real deal!

Speaking of Tempest vs. P8, I see you have both ... do you think P8 would bring anything to the table compared to Tempest? In terms of sound ..

Thanks,
V.

Martin3

Post by Martin3 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:04 pm

Hi,

i got no P08 but think the tempest comes more into the that range than evolver second to mpopho and tetra of course. Congrats to your Prophet 6 this thing is crazy :)

Happy tweaking;

Martin