Prophet 6 module or Dual Tetra?

The Sequential Prophet-6 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

zerocrossing

Prophet 6 module or Dual Tetra?

Post by zerocrossing » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:22 am

I'm in love with the P6's sound, but my plan when I sold my Prophet 08 was to buy 2 Tetras. (I wanted the feedback and the sub orcs) I could buy the P6, but I'd have to sell my Spectral Audio Neptune 2 (ouch, but I'll still have the Studio Electronics ATC-x), BS2 (ouch) and Analog Four (which is going regardless). I like the Analog Four, but I've been using it as a polyphonic analog and the lack of voices does trip me up a lot and I kept thinking that eventually they'd let you use the sequencer in it like the Prophet 08/MoPho/Tetras do, but that's probably never going to happen. Truth is, I think my space and money could do better with something else. I know, keep it all and buy more! Can't afford it, but more importantly, can't fit it.

Part of me thinks, with the 08 I can keep the 3 monos, get two more voices with modulation galore. The other half of me thinks that I'll regret not having what I consider one of the best sounding modern analog poly synths. I've been listening to a lot of 08 and 6 demos... (No one has them in stock near me) And it's almost a coin toss with the 6 winning on filter. I'm sure I'd be happy either way... Just thinking things through.

Oh, I don't know if this has any influence on the topic but I do own a Sonic Core XITE-1 and the Profit 5, ProTone and Pro-Wave synths for it. I know they're not the same but they are quite good.
You can't make every one happy, but you can make everyone miserable!

zerocrossing

Re: Prophet 6 module or Dual Tetra?

Post by zerocrossing » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:39 am

Thanks for nothing. :x

(There's a Prophet 6 module on it's way to me)

:lol:
You can't make every one happy, but you can make everyone miserable!