LFO Click

The Sequential Prophet-6 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

FintrySham

LFO Click

Post by FintrySham » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of a sanity check please.

I seem to be having a bit of an issue with clicking nosies when using the LFO to modulate AMP with any waveform other than triangular. I try adjusting the amplifier's attack, but the clicking's just as strong, with the same ADSR response.

I've attached an audio file of the Old Men of Midi 257 sound as an example, recorded as programmed and no adjustment of attack. It's not clipping, all the levels are checked and fine.

Is this just how it should sound? I'm not keen at all and hope it's either something I'm doing wrong or a faulty unit.

Thanks very much.

PS
Sorry, I just noticed another post of the same type.

Hope the sample makes up for the duplication, I tried to merge but failed, sorry about that.
Attachments
OMOM 257 lfo clicks.zip
(5.9 MiB) Downloaded 50 times

blewis

Re: LFO Click

Post by blewis » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:01 am

It clicks. It's pretty annoying sometimes and can't be dialed out.

FilterKing

Post by FilterKing » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:33 pm

Still -- I hope DSI looks into this and figures out a fix. For me it's the ONE blemish on this wonderful synth.

Tonato17

Post by Tonato17 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:15 pm

I have this same issue. I am concern that this is a problem to my synth (or to several prophet 6 but not all of them) and I should treat the unit as faulty or I should wait for DSI to bring a solution in a software upgrade. It is quite suprising that not many P6 users have complained about this.

Any DSI staff at the forum that could bring some light to this issue? As I said, I don't know if I should ask my retailer for another P6 or wait for DSI to bring a solution.

PS: this link is a recording I did with the LFO routed to the amp envelope. First is with a triangle (no clipping) and then with a Square, which is clipping quite a lot:
http://picosong.com/bSh8/

Tonato17

Post by Tonato17 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:14 am

Is this a reported bug? any more info about it?

Thanks!

drxcm

Post by drxcm » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:06 am

Seems like normal behaviour, not a bug as far as I can tell.
Read my response in a thread on the same topic:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7275

Tonato17

Post by Tonato17 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi!

Any news with this? I still have the clicks in every preset when modulating the amp with an LFO with any waveform apart from triangle...

Not sure if its my P6 or if its in every P6, and if its something that could be avoided.... it is quite useless to modulate the amp with other waveform that is not a triangle because the clicks are so loud and annoying that makes it not usable.

Any ideas or experience with this would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Tonato17

Post by Tonato17 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi!

Any news with this? I still have the clicks in every preset when modulating the amp with an LFO with any waveform apart from triangle...

Not sure if its my P6 or if its in every P6, and if its something that could be avoided.... it is quite useless to modulate the amp with other waveform that is not a triangle because the clicks are so loud and annoying that makes it not usable.

Any ideas or experience with this would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

louis

Post by louis » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:00 am

I registered just to post on this. Why haven't this been fixed yet? It makes the amp of the LFO literally useless and limits the synth a lot.

Very disappointed by this.