Live Panel Mode Problem

The Sequential Prophet-6 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

Boingonut

Live Panel Mode Problem

Post by Boingonut » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi all! I just bought my Prophet 6 last Saturday, serial number 00913, and am having problems with the Live Panel Mode and was wondering if any of you could help me out. So here it goes:

When I have the normal presets on the synth works great, but when I go into Live Panel Mode via turning off the preset button I can barely hear anything. I have to turn up the volume all the way on both my synth and amp (or headphones) to get any sound. The sound I am getting is very thin, barely audible, but when I play with the knobs they seem to change the sound, but does nothing to the volume.

I have successfully downloaded the 1.1.0 update into the synth but am still having problems.

Any help with this problem would be most welcome. I am new to DSI and am somewhat unfamiliar with the interface, but have a bit of experience with vintage analog synths.

Thanks!

LA Keys

Re: Live Panel Mode Problem

Post by LA Keys » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:29 am

I'm pretty sure your prophet 6 is fine if you're having problem only in panel mode.

The thing is that there's many knobs that could produce the "(barely) no sound" problem.

Most important knobs are:

-Master volume and PRGM volume (turn them fully clockwise)
-Mixer-> OSC1 and OSC2 (fully clockwise again)
-High pass filter and Low pass Filter: Start with everything set in the middle (all 6 knobs)
-Amplifier anvelope: Attack fully counter clockwise, Env Amount fully clockwise

Hummm, that should do it ...

LA