Seq Jack to trigger Arp/Sequencer buggy above 125bpm w/ 16th notes

The Sequential Prophet-6 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

BrightLightSocialHour

Seq Jack to trigger Arp/Sequencer buggy above 125bpm w/ 16th notes

Post by BrightLightSocialHour » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:45 am

Hey there, my band just picked up a Prophet 6, love the sound. We have been using an A4 to send gates to a Juno 60 to clock its arpeggiator for live beatsynced arps, and were really excited to see the Prophet 6 has this feature, so we bought one.

Was later super bummed out to find that the Prophet 6 doesn't reliably track the gates if they're 16th notes starting to get above 125bpm or so. It will go about 20ish notes and kind of stutter, then go 20 more and stutter, on and on. Tried different kinds of signals, voltage levels, all of which worked flawlessly with the Juno 60 ext arp clocking, but none fixed this strange problem on the Prophet 6.

Hope it gets fixed soon, our band goes out on tour for a while in less than 2 weeks, would much prefer to take the Prophet 6 and its infinitely more stable tuning! Anyone else having this issue/can confirm?

blewis

Re: Seq Jack to trigger Arp/Sequencer buggy above 125bpm w/ 16th notes

Post by blewis » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:21 pm

If this is mission critical, which it sounds like it is for your tour, you need to email DSI support directly to get help ASAP.

drxcm

Post by drxcm » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:10 am

I'll have a play with this tonight and try and reproduce.
I'm also having difficulty with transposing the sequencer when clocking the sequencer via the Trig jack - it's not possible.. can you confirm on yours too?

I'll also email support after tonights test!

drxcm

Post by drxcm » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:39 am

Ok I've found exactly the same problem with the seq jack.
I tried several different sources to trig and all seem to max out at 125bpm.
After that limit, it seems to slow down again.

Also when using the Seq Jack input to clock the sequencer, I can't transpose.

Emailed support!

mangobob

Post by mangobob » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:13 pm

Please keep us posted on any updates.. I plan on having my Prophet-6 clocked by a steady stream of 16th notes and inserting rests into the sequence as needed.

drxcm

Post by drxcm » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 am

The response to my support request is that this is a known bug and on the list for an update...
The transpose 'problem' is not a bug apparently, though has been forwarded for Dave's consideration

lafricans

Post by lafricans » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:41 pm

hye, you guys seems to be the persons who could help me ;-) i try to trig the prophet with a TR808 (808/trig outCB to prophet/seq Jack) but nothing happen :-( i do it easily with a SH101 (to SH101/midiclock jack) , and work fine, but with the prohet ?? i tried all the global parametre but with no result. could you just tell me which global parametre do u use? Or if there is something i missed?
if i understood, there is a limitation at 125bpm but ok it is the bpm i uselly use so .. anyway, for the moment i would just like to listen it working. It is not vital for me but don't like to block on a problem.. thkssssss