Sequencer and MIDI questions

The Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

Saxomohawh

Sequencer and MIDI questions

Post by Saxomohawh » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:11 am

I do not have a Pro 2 yet, but I am very tempted to buy one. I have acouple of questions concerning MIDI and the sequencer though. (I have very limited experience with MIDI, so please forgive me if some of my questions are very basic).

1. Would it be possible to connect another synth (without keyboard) via MIDI and run this from the Pro 2's sequencer?

2. If Q1 above=yes: Would it be possible to run two sequences simultaneously from the Pro 2, one "locally" on the Pro 2, and one for the other synth?

3. If Q2 above=no: Would it be possible to use a separate standalone sequencer for "the other synth" and sync the two sequencers via MIDI from the Pro 2?

3b. If i would use a separate sequencer for "the other" synth and program it from the Pro 2's keyboard, are all this MIDI data stored in the "other" sequencer? What I mean is, can there be a conflict when the same keyboard (Pro 2) is used as input for both sequencers (Pro 2 + a separate unit). The two sequences would be set to play different notes/rthythms.

Saxomohawh

Re: Sequencer and MIDI questions

Post by Saxomohawh » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:32 pm

No one? (Except for the two spam answers, or whatever they are.)