Pro 2 sporadically shows NO CLK since adding a Prophet 6 to my setup

The Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

Feltmanmusik

Pro 2 sporadically shows NO CLK since adding a Prophet 6 to my setup

Post by Feltmanmusik » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:32 am

Having a difficult time syncing the clock with Ableton (on Mac). Never had problems with my Pro 2 until I bought the Prophet 6 and added it to my setup. First sign was weird problems with the delay's timing, even weird delay timing problems arising when adjusting other parameters on the Pro 2 such as the filter cutoffs and resonances. Now the sequencer is virtually useless maybe running a cycle or two before NO CLK appears in the Ext BPM window. I have since upgraded the firmware to 1.1.15. No help. I've tried all sorts of preference window options in Ableton to no avail. Anyone else experiencing clocking issues? Without a synced clock this synth is now seriously limited to me.

Sofine

Re: Pro 2 sporadically shows NO CLK since adding a Prophet 6 to my setup

Post by Sofine » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:56 am

It might be that there are multiple clocks conflicting. Make sure only 1 is master and than the others are slave / slave thru

Feltmanmusik

Re: Pro 2 sporadically shows NO CLK since adding a Prophet 6 to my setup

Post by Feltmanmusik » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:45 pm

It might be that there are multiple clocks conflicting. Make sure only 1 is master and than the others are slave / slave thru
I have tried all changes to master clocks...basically sticking to the sample rate being from my Fireface 800 and the Pro 2 in slave. What I have tried was NOT using USB, configuring the Pro 2 using MIDI cables in and out of the Fireface 800 with some success. I also have a Roland UM ONE USB Interface and the Pro 2 also behaves perfectly fine using it. It appears this is a USB/MIDI issue with the Pro 2. I've unplugged all other USB and MIDI equipment save the Fireface and the problem persists when using USB for the Pro 2. The sequencer will play maybe one cycle before NO CLK shows in the window, if I change parameters on the Pro 2 the clock also shifts drastically as does the delay time on the Pro 2.