Pro 2 Sequencer Transpose Question..

The Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

AdamK

Pro 2 Sequencer Transpose Question..

Post by AdamK » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi Guys

I'm a Long time lurker in here,but have a question which I can't seem to find any info on regarding the Transposing of the Sequencer tracks in the P2

I'm interested in purchasing a Pro 2,to go with my PEK/P08/Tempest/Mopho,The P2 sequencer has peaked my interest,I''m competent with DSI gear,and how the various onboard Sequencers work.

I have scanned the Pro 2 Manual hoping to shed some light but can't seem to find any clear info.

I understand that your able to transpose the Pro2 sequencer from the keyboard in a similar fashion like the PEK/P08 i.e you input/Record a set of notes values into each step and then you can either run that sequence or use the keyboard to gate(transpose)the sequence dependant on which root note you've triggered on the keybed,so if I inputted a sequence of notes in the Key of C Major,when I trigger the Sequence on a G key it now plays the sequence in G Major,now obviously in order to transpose the notes in the PEK\P08 tracks one of those tracks has to be set to Osc frequency,is each sequencer track on the Pro 2 able to have a separate destination/Modulation,and what parameters are achievable when set to External midi,is it just note/Velocity data?

Now given the Pro 2 has many sequencer tracks,if I am running external gear(via Midi)from some of the other available tracks are these transposed in the same way following the root note from the Pro 2 keyboard,if so,is it possible to disable some tracks so that they don't transpose,for instance if I wanted to trigger a drum machine,the notes in that track remain as they were recorded and not transposed/Shifted.

For Example if I use a spare Pro 2 track to record some external midi notes and use C2 note to trigger the kick drum if I transpose the sequence from the Pro 2 on track 1 from C being the root to say G,the track I recorded the drum notes on doesn't shift all the notes in that track up too so my external kick drum note trigger has shifted up to G2 and now playing a totally different drum sound mashing up the drum pattern hopefully its possible to disable that transposition so it plays the same notes whilst all the other tracks(melodic)shift according to the root note.

Sorry for the longwinded question but Hopefully my point has come across so someone understands what I'm trying to achieve :D
Prophet 08 PE---PolyEvolver Kb PE---Mopho KB---Tempest---Prophet 6---

AdamK

Re: Pro 2 Sequencer Transpose Question..

Post by AdamK » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:00 pm

Anyone?
Prophet 08 PE---PolyEvolver Kb PE---Mopho KB---Tempest---Prophet 6---