Current parameters for comparison?

The Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

easyjoey

Current parameters for comparison?

Post by easyjoey » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:49 am

Is there an option to display the current parameter vs. the saved parameter of a patch? For instance, I would like to know the starting point of a particular parameter. My voyager displays this. My access virus ti2 had a light that will illuminate when the value is the same as the saved value. Does the Pro2 offer anything like this?

Thanks.

Joe

The Lurcher

Re: Current parameters for comparison?

Post by The Lurcher » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:49 am

Hi EasyJoey,
You can hold the 'show' button, then turn a knob or press a switch to see its current value and there is also a 'compare' button to show edited & original values. There is also a 'revert param' button to return a value to its last saved state. These buttons are situated to the left of the OLED display - see page 3 of the manual for more details.
Hope that helps.

easyjoey

Re: Current parameters for comparison?

Post by easyjoey » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Lurcher,

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I am aware of the revert button. However it doesn't show the original value.

I will try the "Show" and "Compare" buttons to see if that provides me what I need. It appears the "Show" function is exactly what I need.

I do love what the display offers visually as they have really programmed a lot of nice features in there.

Thanks again.

Joe