Sequencer Help

The Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

The Lurcher

Sequencer Help

Post by The Lurcher » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi all, gonna ask what is probably a pretty stupid couple of questions re the sequencer so forgive me!

1. When recording the sequence I cannot suss out how to put in a rest as I actually record the steps in. By this I mean if I want to put in c4, rest, c5, rest etc. at the moment I am having to put in a note at the rest points and then turn off the LED.

2. As a sequence is playing is it possible to change the length of the sequence i.e.take it from 16 steps to 8 and then back again without stopping the sequence.

Many thanks for any help on this. Pretty sure there must be something obvious I'm missing.

cbmd

Re: Sequencer Help

Post by cbmd » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:28 pm

1. No ability to put in a rest while recording at the moment. It is on our list of items to look into implementing in an updated OS.
2. You can change the length of the sequence in realtime. To make an 8 step sequence, hold the Step 8 button and press the reset button.
Carson Day
Technical Support
Dave Smith Instruments

The Lurcher

Post by The Lurcher » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Thanks Carson,

Look forward to the update - loving the Pro 2 most fun I've had with a synth and I have been playing them since 1980

Pr0phet

Post by Pr0phet » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:10 am

I had the same question. On page 54 of the manual, it states that rests can be added as you go when in step mode. So is this actually not the case then? I spun my wheels on this for a long time.