Midi Thru/Out 2 not functioning?

The Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

in_black

Midi Thru/Out 2 not functioning?

Post by in_black » Thu May 14, 2015 5:37 pm

So I'm using my Pro-2 with a eurorack setup, which includes a Midi to CV module. When I connect my Pro-2's Midi out to my Midi to CV module, it works perfectly fine. However, when I connect the Pro-2's Midi Out 2 to my module, nothing happens. This is with the Global Out/Thru setting set to Out. Am I missing something here? Anyone else have this issue?

Stue

Re: Midi Thru/Out 2 not functioning?

Post by Stue » Fri May 15, 2015 6:38 pm

Here it's not functioning either

blitsy

Post by blitsy » Sat May 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Me too...Neither the sequencer nor the keyboard sends any midi out of this output.

I have my port set to 'out' in the global settings.

David Smith? Have you anything to say?

blitsy

Post by blitsy » Sat May 16, 2015 4:54 pm

i got mine working, but only as a sequencer output.

if i change fixed mod 'seq TRACK 1' destination to 'Seq Out 2 Ch 16' (grayed out) it sends the note information of the sequence to my moog.

BUT...i'm getting stuck notes 99% of the time. Sounds terrible :(

Kubase

Post by Kubase » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi, does anyone know if this is still an issue?

John Mills-Cockell

Post by John Mills-Cockell » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:31 am

I too have not been able to make the Midi thru/ out 2 feature perform satisfactorily. Using midi cables (not usb). It should be very useful, but alas it appears to me that only one of the 2 ports will work at any one time. I'm syncing Tempest from the Pro 2 and at the same time trying to use the midi out of the Pro 2 keyboard as a controller for other midi instruments. It's possible to use gate out of Pro 2 as click to analog modulars and use the Pro 2 keyboard at the same time as a midi controller. Has anyone discovered how to use both midi ports together? As others on this forum have stated, it just doesn't seem to work. Please, DSI people give us a fix! Thanks, jmc