A question about the pitch wheel

The Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

Marten

A question about the pitch wheel

Post by Marten » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:28 am

I notice that if i'm not putting my thumb in the half circle where the finger is supposed to be and put my finger below it, the wheel touch the front (not the chassi) I can hear a sound. Only when moving it up and not down (if i put my thumb above it), even with soft pressure. It's not really a problem, but it seems to be a bit to sensitive, it doesn't matter where i put my thumb on the sub 37.

Anyone else that have noticed this?

BobTheDog

Re: A question about the pitch wheel

Post by BobTheDog » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:11 am

That is not right, email DSI support and see what they have to say.

Marten

Post by Marten » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:25 pm

I've send an email to dsi support. It's not always easy to explain in english. But the wheel makes a contact sound when i move it up.
Thanks for the reply.

Soundquest1

Post by Soundquest1 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:59 pm

Marten wrote:I notice that if i'm not putting my thumb in the half circle where the finger is supposed to be and put my finger below it, the wheel touch the front (not the chassi) I can hear a sound. Only when moving it up and not down (if i put my thumb above it), even with soft pressure. It's not really a problem, but it seems to be a bit to sensitive, it doesn't matter where i put my thumb on the sub 37.
Anyone else that have noticed this?

Sub 37 or Pro 2 ??

Marten

Post by Marten » Fri May 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Soundquest1 wrote:Sub 37 or Pro 2 ??
It's the Pro 2, I really like the pitch and mod wheel on the sub 37. They sent me instructions, so i'm going to try it out.