Shortcuts

The Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

sbookholt

Shortcuts

Post by sbookholt » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:03 am

I'm having a blast with the Pro 2, awesome instrument. i was watching a vid on youtube where someone demoed the init patch could be loaded with holding latch and hold. It works on the pro 2 too! (left latch + hold)

Are there any more undocumented shortcuts?

el Nacho

Re: Shortcuts

Post by el Nacho » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:15 pm

pressing global twice before turning the device off, will make sure the same patch will be loaded next time you turn it on.

(just read this here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6452 )

el Nacho

Post by el Nacho » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:45 pm

When in the Mod-Matrix, holding "Assign Dest" and pressing "Assign Source" chooses the next destination for the selected row.
(not sure if this should be considered a shortcut, as this is as easy when doing it with the soft-knobs)

sbookholt

Post by sbookholt » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:56 am

I always wondered if there is a shortcut to setting the destination on a fixed mod, anyone found one? So when you select an envelope or lfo, you now have to scroll thru all destinations. Has to be an easier way?

Martin3

Post by Martin3 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:08 am

sbookholt wrote:I always wondered if there is a shortcut to setting the destination on a fixed mod, anyone found one? So when you select an envelope or lfo, you now have to scroll thru all destinations. Has to be an easier way?
Hi,

sorting the Modmatrix with Source (2nd Softkey) will bring you the fixed ones on top of the list, then the assign Destination button works.

Hope this helps,

Martin

sbookholt

Post by sbookholt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:07 am

Cool that saves some scrolling, thanks!

Pym

Post by Pym » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:36 am

Considering allowing you to hold an LFO button and turn something to quickly set the destination of one of the fixed LFOs
Martin3 wrote:
sbookholt wrote:I always wondered if there is a shortcut to setting the destination on a fixed mod, anyone found one? So when you select an envelope or lfo, you now have to scroll thru all destinations. Has to be an easier way?
Hi,

sorting the Modmatrix with Source (2nd Softkey) will bring you the fixed ones on top of the list, then the assign Destination button works.

Hope this helps,

Martin
Chris Hector
https://soundcloud.com/iampym
Dave Smith Instruments

Benzebub

Post by Benzebub » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Pym wrote:Considering allowing you to hold an LFO button and turn something to quickly set the destination of one of the fixed LFOs
Martin3 wrote:
Hi,

Hope this helps,

Martin
That makes perfect sense from a user point of view.

sbookholt

Post by sbookholt » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:24 am

Pym wrote:Considering allowing you to hold an LFO button and turn something to quickly set the destination of one of the fixed LFOs
Martin3 wrote:
Hi,

Hope this helps,

Martin
Yes! That sounds perfect Pym! Same for the env4+5 :)

ihearanewworld

Post by ihearanewworld » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:17 pm

+1 for "hold and twist" assignation of fixed LFOs & Env4+5.

Martin3

Post by Martin3 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Hi all,

1.2.9 for the P12 has this already so it is likely the Pro2 will have this too.
Thanks to Chris for this, thought this might collide with the "select all" but nicely done that way.
Theres an idea for using shortcuts: Ctrl+C the FX from Prophet 6 and Ctrl+V them to the 3rd delay slot of the Pro 2, no clue what im really talking about :)
Negative amounts on the Osc FM are new to me and i like them, try Assign SRC hit key 2 times for AT and dial in a bit of negative value to destination osc1 FM. Works on Prophet 12 too, makes waves go up and there the syncing works good, if not synced very nice timbres occur, a bit of noises are sometimes nice to crazy up the 2nd freqmoding osc with noise from the 3rd with low values.

Martin3