The Pro-2 Sequencer does constantly change the BPM in Slave

The Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

Pym

Re: The Pro-2 Sequencer does constantly change the BPM in Slave

Post by Pym » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:35 am

We need to release a P6 update and a P12 update before we get the Pro2 stuff figured out. There are a good number of bugs on the list so we may do an interim release here before we post something on the website. I'll probably be starting in on the Pro2 code in a week or two depending on how quick we get the P6/P12 stuff finished. A lot of that stuff carries over to the Pro2, like the BPM code, so it's all related
Chris Hector
https://soundcloud.com/iampym
Dave Smith Instruments

Benzebub

Post by Benzebub » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:38 am

Pym wrote:We need to release a P6 update and a P12 update before we get the Pro2 stuff figured out. There are a good number of bugs on the list so we may do an interim release here before we post something on the website. I'll probably be starting in on the Pro2 code in a week or two depending on how quick we get the P6/P12 stuff finished. A lot of that stuff carries over to the Pro2, like the BPM code, so it's all related
I noticed there is an update to the P12 that gives it linear FM and alternative tunings. Is that something that will come to the Pro 2 as well? Those features would be really nice.

Pym

Post by Pym » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:49 am

Yea ill do my best to get them into the pro2
Benzebub wrote:
Pym wrote:We need to release a P6 update and a P12 update before we get the Pro2 stuff figured out. There are a good number of bugs on the list so we may do an interim release here before we post something on the website. I'll probably be starting in on the Pro2 code in a week or two depending on how quick we get the P6/P12 stuff finished. A lot of that stuff carries over to the Pro2, like the BPM code, so it's all related
I noticed there is an update to the P12 that gives it linear FM and alternative tunings. Is that something that will come to the Pro 2 as well? Those features would be really nice.
Chris Hector
https://soundcloud.com/iampym
Dave Smith Instruments

everpure

Post by everpure » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:15 pm

Anyone of you guys upgraded to the latest OS? Any news on the sync issues? I am running OS 1.1.15 and have my Pro 2 slaved to a MachineDrum. Everything seems perfectly fine over regular MIDI connections, without any computers involved. Even though my Analog Four (that's also slaved to the MD) indicates that the tempo constantly shifts +/- 0.1-0.2 BPM... In fact, the same goes when slaving MD and P2 to the A4... But on the P2, everything seems fine either way. So, how about you guys?

glynbo

Post by glynbo » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:45 pm

I am still finding the delays when running in midi sync mode are still all over the place, I am using it as a midi slave to my live 9 with usb connection. Cheers Glyn.

Beatmaster

Post by Beatmaster » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:15 pm

I received my Pro 2 today, hooked it up to Live 9 in slave mode via USB on a MS Surface Pro 3 and the Midi Clock was jumping alot, with audible delay changes etc ... then i flashed the 1.1.5 firmware and everything was fine. Nearly no changes in BPM sometimes it s fixed to the right amount, depending on the PBM it sometimes jumps +1 but no audible changes etc. So for me the update to 1.1.5 did the trick!

glynbo

Post by glynbo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:04 pm

Thats strange , my midi synced delays are awful,so much movement and out of tune its useless.

KESTER

Post by KESTER » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:06 pm

I've just updated my PRO 2 to 1.1.15 and apart from one tiny delay glitch when I start the sequence, the PRO 2 syncs perfectly with no delay artifacts.
I get a +1 variation in tempo, but this doesn't seem to affect anything. It used to be a +/- 5 variation, so this is a huge improvement.
I can now, finally, use the built in sequencer in conjunction with Cubase. :D