Pro 2 Feature Requests

The Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

Pox Deluxe

Re: Pro 2 Feature Requests

Post by Pox Deluxe » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:15 am

I'd love to see:
a way to store some global CV routings so they do not need to be assigned per patch--would be nice to have a bank of them to choose from.
positive and negative feedback on the delays
An adjustable slew on the CV INPUT would be great.
Would be nice if it displayed the name of the preset you were writing over-- I found a way, but it should just show that.
For mod destinations, it offers OSC 1 or 2 or 3 or ALL. What about adding 1&2 AND 1,2,&3? I'd prefer all the posible combos, but I guess they's trying to keep the menu short?
same goes for other duplicate parameters.

Benzebub

Post by Benzebub » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Sine wave LFO would be really nice.

MiniDX

Post by MiniDX » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:25 pm

It would be great if the arpeggiator could write all the actual notes in a DAW's midi track.

bobule

Post by bobule » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:29 pm

i wish for the seq to record the glide button for extra acidy goodness

kisielk

Post by kisielk » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:47 pm

bobule wrote:i wish for the seq to record the glide button for extra acidy goodness
The sequences have a slew value per step...

bobule

Post by bobule » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:34 pm

kisielk wrote:
bobule wrote:i wish for the seq to record the glide button for extra acidy goodness
The sequences have a slew value per step...
lol i cant work out how i missed that! i swear when i tried it before it didn't give the expected result but it sure does now!

tinybox

Post by tinybox » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:11 am

I'm not going to go crazy, these are the features I was really surprised was missing:

* Edit all the parameter of the oscillators simultaneously or copy osc settings from one to another
* Copy sequencer patterns
* Enable multiple notes in a sequencer Tie = legato
* Keyboard -> CV Out
* Bigger ranges on all parameters (0-127 on most parameters doesn't cut it even with smoothing between steps)
* Filter 2 envelope should work as Filter 1 envlope; be able to modify the filter cutoff fully even when cut off is at 0 or MAX, now we need to use two envelopes or a modulation slot to do this
* Edit a parameter on all Delays simultaneously
* Edit a parameter on all LFO's simultaneosly

BobTheDog

Post by BobTheDog » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:16 pm

tinybox wrote:I'm not going to go crazy, these are the features I was really surprised was missing:

* Edit all the parameter of the oscillators simultaneously or copy osc settings from one to another
* Copy sequencer patterns
* Enable multiple notes in a sequencer Tie = legato
* Keyboard -> CV Out
* Bigger ranges on all parameters (0-127 on most parameters doesn't cut it even with smoothing between steps)
* Filter 2 envelope should work as Filter 1 envlope; be able to modify the filter cutoff fully even when cut off is at 0 or MAX, now we need to use two envelopes or a modulation slot to do this
* Edit a parameter on all Delays simultaneously
* Edit a parameter on all LFO's simultaneosly

You can edit all parameters already, just hold down the button for a while. So to edit all oscillators hold down an oscillator button until all the oscillator buttons light up, then edit away. The buttons under the screen allow you to change parameters for the ones that don't have knobs.

Keyboard to CV out is also there, use a mod slot and set note number to go to your cv out, set amount to 127 for semitone tracking.

blewis

Post by blewis » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:44 pm

A seemingly absurd request for a _mono synth_, but how about keyboard split between the two MIDI outputs?

It's consistent with its use as a controller. I can send one channel to a bass synth and have 4 upper register poly/paraphony notes.

sushi2k

Post by sushi2k » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:13 pm

- OSCFreqX as a mod-source including glide!
Last edited by sushi2k on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

drumcodeuk

Post by drumcodeuk » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:39 pm

I agree with things already mentioned..

more mod slots - even the CV in and outs as an extra 8 fixed slots after the sequencer fixed slots would be good.
Sequencer resolution per track - please do this!
Sequencer play modes - forwards and backwards, and random.
Real time note record into the sequencer.

A real shame the routing is so inflexible - would be nice if each oscillator had it's own send amount to the character section and separate filter routing to delays.
Also the envelope attack times seem really short so you can't get long fade ins even using the delay parameter.

MiniDX

Post by MiniDX » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:44 pm

drumcodeuk wrote: Real time note record into the sequencer.
This.

Would love to hit play/rec, then record notes on the fly.

Also if it's possible, i wish the seq wouldn't stop when i enter the global parameters (especially for tuning and coarse which are there).

tinybox

Post by tinybox » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:55 pm

The Random mod source is just random on each note, it doesn't change over time during a sustain. Would it be possible to create a mod source for making things more analog random. Maybe a mod source called Analog Random and it's just like a slow random LFO. Then you wouldn't need to use LFO's to make your sound more analogish.

Another solution could be to have a Slop for the Waveshape as well as for the pitch.

tinybox

Post by tinybox » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:58 am

A "Copy Osc X to All" function would be great. Often I end up realizing that one Oscillator was enough to make the sound I want. So I have the that on Osc 1. It's just tedious to copy all the settings to all the other Oscs.

Making it paraphonic.

Ottorepeat

Post by Ottorepeat » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:17 pm

+1 for "Sound categories filter: All, Bass, Lead, HardLead, Pad, Pluck, Dirty, Riser, FX, Arp, Seq etc"
That would be really useful... And on the P12 to ;)
PRO2 + P12

tinybox

Post by tinybox » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Some nice things that would be great to have regarding the sequencer:

* Set the sequencers note length per step.
* Modify notes in a tie so we can play the sequencer legato.
* Note tracks other than on Track 1.
* Send clock out on a CV/Gate out without taking up one LFO. Should work in both Master and Slave mode.
* Receive clock on a CV/Gate input. Should work in both Master and Slave mode.

This would truly make the Pro 2 the centerpiece of my partly modular synth corner.

NewsFromTheSky

Post by NewsFromTheSky » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:06 pm

blewis wrote:A seemingly absurd request for a _mono synth_, but how about keyboard split between the two MIDI outputs?

It's consistent with its use as a controller. I can send one channel to a bass synth and have 4 upper register poly/paraphony notes.
Keyboard splits would also allow you to make it duophonic, by putting the filters in Osc Split mode, and sending two different zones to different oscillators & filters.

Benzebub

Post by Benzebub » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:34 pm

It would be awesome if there was an option to have the envelopes restart from zero upon triggering

A. Francis

Post by A. Francis » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Sorry if this has been addressed. I just ordered a Pro 2 and would love to see the sequencer sync via trigger/gate pulse. My Modcan Touch Sequencer does this.

My main drum machine is a Korg KR-55, which I also use as my main clock source.

jbox5

Post by jbox5 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:53 pm

Benzebub wrote:It would be awesome if there was an option to have the envelopes restart from zero upon triggering
Ooh yes - I was playing around with it yesterday and noticed that I couldn't do this. Would really like this as an option.