DSI outboard sequencer w/ CC, poly, multitrack, macros EXC..... (((!YES PLZ!)))

The Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

fubard

DSI outboard sequencer w/ CC, poly, multitrack, macros EXC..... (((!YES PLZ!)))

Postby fubard » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:11 am

Hi all,

I just wanted to point out just how awesome and under appreciated the sequencer on the Pro-2 is. I my quest to go back to basics, I've been searching far and wide for a good hardware sequencer. So far Ive found the MPC4000 to be the absolute best next to the MIDIBOX Seq V4 and the Arturia Beatstep Pro. The reason the MPC wins there is because its knobs do step sequencing not just for midi notes but for CC data as well! It seems all these new step sequencers are completely neglecting CC data. I mean not even pitch bend or mod wheel are being supported. The thing Midibox has over the MPC and the rest is that its polyphonic. The Pro-2 is absolutely amazing in its flexibility aside from being monophonic to my knowledge.

My purpose here is to float AN IDEA:

What if DSI took the sequencer from the PRO-2 and made an outboard polyphonic sequencer with both per step AND fluid CC control? Would that not be cheap easy and bad Fn azz!? The outboard sequencer market is growing and the trends are shifting that way. Add some cool chord calculating, and some gate/swing/transpose/midi delay macros like on the old groove boxes and you'll be on the cutting edge of the current market! Nobody's put out a decent sequencer for years because people got away from them. WHY? Because they strayed from sequencing and tried to compete with computers in synthesis and sampling. I'd like to see DSI do a sampler too but thats a whole other rant ;) Seriously, the outboard sequencers they're making right now are so basic, its amazing they sell at all. Beatstep Pro? It doesn't even have an 'accent' function. The Pro-2's onboard sequencer blows that thing out of the water! Hell the AN1X from the 90s killed that thing fifteen years ago but people are buying the crap out of it because its a cool 'new' approach to the inspirational phase of writing music. Add a 'song' mode and tandem sequencing for solos and long stuff n you got a fun new piece of gear that can run your whole rig start to finish.

Dave, company guys, focus group members, fellow fans: we can do better than whats on the market. Its already here, it just needs to be removed from the synth, stacked up a few times and added ability for polyphony. YOU CANT GET the SE Engine because its so popular and its basically the same thing. We have the tech, the development is almost already complete. DSI can CORNER the hardware sequencer market w very little effort. MY only question for you now, is WHY NOT? I'd

Cummon guys you can do better than whats out there right now. This is an EASY ONE.
Thanks!

beefpoweredcars

Re: DSI outboard sequencer w/ CC, poly, multitrack, macros EXC..... (((!YES PLZ!)))

Postby beefpoweredcars » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:01 pm

Well in the meantime the Zaquencer will sequence cc's. It's a very capable and fun sequencer all around.

fubard

Re: DSI outboard sequencer w/ CC, poly, multitrack, macros EXC..... (((!YES PLZ!)))

Postby fubard » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Oh hey that DOES look fun :)

I'd build a better box for it n wire the knobs onto a cool looking faceplate. 4 tracks w 4 parts up to 64 steps is a pretty nice setup there.

Theres still some features the Pro-2 has like fluid shift between step levels (cant remember the term used) and CV output isnt necessary but should definately be an option. I also like the visual feedback the Pro-2 offers.

DSI can still do way better, but great point, this might tide me over till then.
Thanks!

HESpook

Postby HESpook » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:55 am

There are a couple of notable new sequencers out there at the moment. The Cirklon doesn't seem to fit what op is looking for but there are two more I can think of:

Engine by Social Entropy
This one has an interface that reminds me of the Prophet 6 although that might be because of the way the buttons look. I think it has up to about 1000 steps per sequence, a couple of sequences per channel and 8 channels. I'm not sure if it can sequence cv but I fairly sure it does.

Pyramid by Squarp Instruments
This is the one I bought. It differs a bit from the other alternatives in that it doesn't have channels but instead 64 tracks that can all play at the same time or be muted individually. All tracks have have individual tempo division and length (up towards somewhere around around 1500 steps with 16 substeps per step). full CC control and program change sequenceable.

Both sequencers are Polyphonic and has song mode.

fubard

Postby fubard » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Oh I actually mentioned the Engine. The problem w that is that you cant get one. I love what theyre doing but such a small botique company just cant keep up with demand. I saw the videos put out by squarp and they were so silly that I was turned off. But since you mentioned it, ive looked again, read rather than watched, and found it to be pretty usefull. Thing about the DSI sequencer though, is that its simplicity is beautiful to me. Tracks are assignable to one function which is displayed clearly on the LCD. Besides that, knowing what DSI is capible of w synths, I think that if they looked into making a sequencer, there would be some super cool new functions we never even thought of. I'm happy for all the helpfull responces but what I'm actually looking for is support in the idea because I know that if they chose to, DSI could really rock this!
Thanks!

kisielk

Postby kisielk » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:38 am

The Engine seems to be in stock on their website right now...

CharlesBrups

Consumer Guide

Postby CharlesBrups » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:40 pm

That is usually a silly question to question but you'll find some those who are born by using it while others develop it at a later date in life. Another similar piece have to be kept dipped in vinegar, ready to the next change. It's a tie between Jimi and Mick. So, you may not only possess the choice to landscape the backyard, but you could also bring some landscape on the inside of your own home too. To turn space enters the bottom with the cup of candle and also the top on the lower pearl for the bottom one” of diameter (11). With consistent trade winds blowing on the northeast at 10 to 25 knots, clear water contributing to 60 islands and cays to explore inside an area that's 32 miles long and 15 miles wide. Optical zoom is better than digital zoom. This a red flag for the diploma or degree mill.
Additionally, historical significance would also. Or rather, every day life is meaningful strictly regarding means to your heavenly end inside great beyond: A life of virtue prepares how for an afterlife of bliss. You has to be well-versed about these formulas because you may regularly utilize this on selling your annuities. In addition either to purchasing manual cleaning supplies or automatic ones, you may wish to consider purchasing both. Less than 15 % of men have no baldness because of the age of 70.
https://www.art.com/me/roathesmashingforexs/
https://www.art.com/me/tosonicseduction/
https://www.art.com/me/aginversionesynegoci/
https://www.art.com/me/clawdesignwritec ... +A+Quality
https://www.art.com/me/contracingpigeonshow/

He pays the premiums, chooses which optional policy features included within the contract, and contains the right to withdraw or surrender the annuity he purchased. Cotton is way better for such purposes even so the quilting fabric that you select is completely as much as you. The character of Tarzan first appeared inside a book series provided by Edgar Rice Burroughs, along with the first edition in this volume of stories was published in 1912. Organizations should utilize their most critical asset, their people. So I struggled over how I was meant to write a bit about "tattoo art" when I didn't agree that it absolutely was true art. If not, have you considered hosting a Thanksgiving party available for you, your loved ones, your friends, or maybe your close neighbors. If you want to stay a couple of days in Paris, perhaps you'll enjoy a meal within the roof of Raphael hotel. Cell phones, anti-histamines, chicken wings. SG: I see to all you interviews with other individuals talk of the drum set. There are a couple of theories as to the reasons this practice might be prevalent in autistic children, and there are a few methods you'll be able to use to assist ease this distressing practice.

Other links:
http://member.thinkfree.com/myoffice/sh ... f79a196f95
http://www.kab3.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=430

my homepage
Resource

CharlesBrups

Compare Prices

Postby CharlesBrups » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:47 pm

“Then behave yourself, OK. isn't all upon you. Don’t allow it to go get you down. You also can choose to possess 1 part flour and 5 parts water combined and dropped at a boil to your mixture. That is why it truly is important for women for being more careful on his or her body while they have higher probabilities of accumulating cellulite. You could also get many practice it yourself tips online. Although classmates is recognized as a online community website, it's, in a very way, unique from most in the others. Most turn out set up for multi players so you are able to either play your game titles by yourself or invite several friends over. phase as part of your life. BSJ is usually a company's outsource option to set up charter flights, or it may manage, maintain and service airplanes owned using a company, turning a valuation on doing business into an ancillary stream of profits.
ear lobes) before you go ahead and making use of it. Another often neglected aspect of all home offices could be the decoration. How does one discover if his / her condition is Gilbert's disease.
Dominate Facebook Marketing
home-page
Email Marketing For Salons And Spas

also help provide support with the spine. Body Brush. I absolutely love this web site over the many other ones that I have tried, for ipod movies and music. Do you think it is possible to be an authorized professional. When you're employed, you have a basic salary while people that decide to be effective for themselves can only generate income earning commissions whenever a sale is produced. Singer, former Chief Scientist while using US Weather. Some people simply might not be cut to D. to acquire back in the mugger or robbers, you are able to leave. - Clean inside the tile floors; scrub it if you will find some bad spots. Yes, they sound too good to get true, plus they are.

Other links:
http://member.thinkfree.com/myoffice/sh ... f79a196f95
http://www.dixiebiker.com/forum/viewtop ... 33#p234933

Twitter Growth Master: Get 1,000 Targeted Twitter Followers In 30 Days
Sistema Piernas Perfectas

agrohimkll

аммофос купить в рб

Postby agrohimkll » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:12 am

Привет друзья!

[img]http://img10.lostpic.net/2016/10/02/a9dcec621e5059796a1c00d8e681827d.jpg
[/img]

Минеральные удобрения– вещества, имеющие неорганическую природу происхождения. Они традиционно используются в сельском хозяйстве, так как являются более доступными, чем органические, дают быстрый положительный эффект, и имеют широкий спектр действия. Также их гораздо удобнее и дешевле транспортировать.
1)аммиачная селитра купить в минске - Минеральные удобрения купить в Минске можно самовывозом в течении 20 минут, либо c оперативной доставкой.Покупая у нас, вы можете заказать товар, как оптом, так и в розницу. Крупным заказчикам всегда предоставляются скидки в объеме соответствующей величине сделки между нами.
2)минеральные удобрения купить Минск - Мы предлагаем вам приобрести только комплексные препараты, позволяющие полностью насытить потребности растения после обработки. Наши поставщики имеют в штате квалифицированных специалистов, способных точно произвести расчёты и анализ почвы, а на основе этих показателей создать для вас удобрения с идеальным набором макро- и микроэлементов.
3)неорганические удобрения купить - Каждый товар проходит тщательные клинические испытания на различных видах почв и только после этого запускается в серийное производство. Вы можете использовать нашу продукцию не только в целях крупной агрокорпорации с тысячами гектаров земли, но и для облагораживания приусадебного участка, дачных посевов.
4)минеральные удобрения в Беларуси - Мы заботимся о том, чтобы предоставляемый нами сервис был высокого уровня. В этом нам помогает наличие главного офиса, складов для готовой продукции, сети дилеров. Кроме того, мы дорожим своей репутацией и несем ответственность за качество нашего товара.
Нам будет приятно видеть у нас на вебресурсе НАЖМИТЕ ССЫЛКУ
Увидимся!

виал тт купить
известковые удобрения
цена на гербицид миура
реализация минеральных удобрений
ядохимикаты гербициды
удобрения для огорода купить минск
гербициды норма расхода
отзыв удобрения
нутривант плюс зерновой описание
табу протравитель 10 мл