Soundtower P12 Editor

The Dave Smith Instruments Prophet-12 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

Ambient Architect

Soundtower P12 Editor

Post by Ambient Architect » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi Guys, bit of help if you wouldn't mind!

I've purchased the P12 editor and plugin which are great, but I'm finding the standalone editor is not passing aftertouch information, can someone with the editor confirm please? The plugin version does it just fine. I've contacted support via their website several times but I reckon I've got more chance of getting a reply from Elvis.

BoBSwanS

Re: Soundtower P12 Editor

Post by BoBSwanS » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:09 pm

It works fine for me, have you checked under Midi>Global Settings>Pressure Enable ?
Do you have the latest version of the editor, it got updated last week i think.

My polyphonic aftertouch is configured through my XKey 37 and the application it comes with.

Ambient Architect

Post by Ambient Architect » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Thanks.

I've checked that yes and it doesn't seem to work. I've tried both my Virus TI and Komplete Kontrol and none work for aftertouch in the standalone editor. What does work is if I use the Prophet 12 keyboard. Disabling the pressure enable via the editor when using the Prophet keyboard actually stops that from responding to it so the setting is doing something. As I said it works in the plugin editor version so I'm baffled! That option is not in the global settings on the actual keyboard (1.4.0) so I guess this is specific to the software? I don't ever recall seeing that option in the P12 Keyboard global settings. Thanks for the reply!

Cheers.

Ambient Architect

Post by Ambient Architect » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:01 pm

Oh, aftertouch enable! That's always been there in global setup, Inconsistencies! :evil: