New Default Patch

The Dave Smith Instruments Prophet-12 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

mekohler

New Default Patch

Post by mekohler » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:58 pm

Would it be possible under the Global settings, when "Basic Patch" is selected to have 2 more buttons: "Write New" & "Restore"...Write New would make the current patch be the new basic patch, and Restore would restore the factory default...

silvain

Re: New Default Patch

Post by silvain » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:40 am

mekohler wrote:Would it be possible under the Global settings, when "Basic Patch" is selected to have 2 more buttons: "Write New" & "Restore"...Write New would make the current patch be the new basic patch, and Restore would restore the factory default...
+1

Borellus

Post by Borellus » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:25 pm

silvain wrote:
mekohler wrote:Would it be possible under the Global settings, when "Basic Patch" is selected to have 2 more buttons: "Write New" & "Restore"...Write New would make the current patch be the new basic patch, and Restore would restore the factory default...
+1
+2

Pym

Post by Pym » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:43 pm

That's what the factory banks are for
Borellus wrote:
silvain wrote:
+1
+2
Chris Hector
https://soundcloud.com/iampym
Dave Smith Instruments

mekohler

Post by mekohler » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Huh? I'm looking to create my own default patch, so when I initiate a patch using the key combination, it comes up how I want it with all my default modulation sources, etc....right now there is no current way to do that. You COULD save an INIT patch under some User bank, but then you wouldn't be able to use the shortcut key combination to get to it...Forget about my idea for "reset factory default"...how about just an option to "Write New Default" that write your current patch to be the new default...

silvain

Post by silvain » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:37 pm

mekohler wrote:Huh? I'm looking to create my own default patch, so when I initiate a patch using the key combination, it comes up how I want it with all my default modulation sources, etc....right now there is no current way to do that. You COULD save an INIT patch under some User bank, but then you wouldn't be able to use the shortcut key combination to get to it...Forget about my idea for "reset factory default"...how about just an option to "Write New Default" that write your current patch to be the new default...
Just in case of confusin: you mean a "basic patch". and I'm all for that. I would find it uncomfortable to save my newly created sound to a different location. Not impossible, but unpleasant.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:55 am

mekohler wrote:Huh? I'm looking to create my own default patch, so when I initiate a patch using the key combination, it comes up how I want it with all my default modulation sources, etc....right now there is no current way to do that. You COULD save an INIT patch under some User bank, but then you wouldn't be able to use the shortcut key combination to get to it...Forget about my idea for "reset factory default"...how about just an option to "Write New Default" that write your current patch to be the new default...
If you save your custom initialized patch in let's say user bank 4, program 99 then it's only 4 key presses to load it and easy to remember. I have several versions of initialized patches saved that way. You could also create a set list. Depending on how you organize it I think you can get it down to even fewer key presses.