Post by Pym » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:33 pm

The mod drive bug crept back in somehow, fixed it and update posted
Chris Hector
https://soundcloud.com/iampym
Dave Smith Instruments

sapristico

Re: Prophet 12 Main OS 1.2.24

Post by sapristico » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi there...after holidays...happy to see that DSI people continues in this way. I have to check this last version and some improvements.
In any case, I miss in this new horizons of the synth functionallity, the introducción of some creative mod destinations that I don't understand why are not there even from the beginning...I would like to know if there is some hardware design limitation or expectations for their inclusion:

LFO curve slew rate + phase

Some direct relation between magnitude control of mods for OSC frequency....and the "fine" kind of variations. The knob exists and its for that kind of variations...not the huge dones with usual modulation.(but OK....this is a bit freak)

All LFO amount and freq (for multirithmic crazy control in some potencial patches).

Sustains in all of the envelopes?? At least in filter os sometimes interesting to modulate or contramodulate with other parameter...

Velocity Env amount

Arpegiator/seq parameters....time at least, but maybe with new múltiple scales and so...more ambitious poaaibilities could be studied.

In paralell but related...I really hope to see a couple of flexible and expected ARP changes....: real time+note by note(by key) recording or/and introduction for arpegiator/sequencer of some MOD destinations...giving us some DSP power juice for direct creation/record on the fly (a la p6; Pro2 also in the flagship synth). I'm sure that it can be afforded with some DSP/creativity...or at least I want to believe it.

In this sense I would Luke to confirm if at least the soft vst from Soundtower permits this kind of sequencing, more flexible, on the air, direct recording and parameters modification for ARP...something like "virtual sequencer for two P12 parts)...I guess that a lot of this shit would be accessible vía NRPN?

Hope to see some of that stuff in the delightful machine.

noahk

Re: Prophet 12 Main OS 1.2.22

Post by noahk » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Ambient Architect wrote:Just tried it again and it took 5 attempts to switch show on. After switching it off in passthru mode, any tweaks I had made to the sound (in this case LPF freq / resonance) were added to the sound which completely changed it of course. This is what happened the other day but I didn't quite comprehend what had happened but now I understand :D

Defeats the purpose of the show button but that's what us lovely folk are here to find out for our buddies at DSI :lol:
did you email this bug report as well as posting it by any chance? I beleive they want the bug reports emailed to support as well.

cbmd

Post by cbmd » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:21 pm

we're looking into the "Show" + "Pass Thru" behavior right now.
Carson Day
Technical Support
Dave Smith Instruments

Pym

Post by Pym » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:55 pm

This will be fixed in the final release
noahk wrote:
Ambient Architect wrote:Just tried it again and it took 5 attempts to switch show on. After switching it off in passthru mode, any tweaks I had made to the sound (in this case LPF freq / resonance) were added to the sound which completely changed it of course. This is what happened the other day but I didn't quite comprehend what had happened but now I understand :D

Defeats the purpose of the show button but that's what us lovely folk are here to find out for our buddies at DSI :lol:
did you email this bug report as well as posting it by any chance? I beleive they want the bug reports emailed to support as well.
Chris Hector
Dave Smith Instruments

Ambient Architect

Post by Ambient Architect » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks folks, much appreciated.

Pym

Post by Pym » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:49 am

Posted 1.2.25 with this fix
Pym wrote:This will be fixed in the final release
noahk wrote:

Chris Hector
Dave Smith Instruments

cbmd

Re: Prophet 12 Main OS 1.2.25

Post by cbmd » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:34 am

The passthru fix somehow didn't get compiled in to the 1.2.25 version. we will be spinning another OS tomorrow with this fix.
Carson Day
Technical Support
Dave Smith Instruments

Tomavatars

Post by Tomavatars » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:37 pm

There is an existing bug since a while and it is annoying.
On env 3 and 4, release jumps from 0 to about 40 when turning release knob up and down.
Can someone confirm?
Tested with Passthru and Relative.

Tomavatars

Post by Tomavatars » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Haha! Yup Razmo :)

Pym

Post by Pym » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Correct 1.2.25 files uploaded now
Chris Hector
Dave Smith Instruments

Pym

Post by Pym » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:21 am

Fixed
Razmo wrote:
Pym wrote:Correct 1.2.25 files uploaded now
Thank you Pym... but now the bug I reported earlier has crept in Again... my Exponential FM patch sounds like crap now :lol:
Chris Hector
Dave Smith Instruments

Ambient Architect

Re: Prophet 12 Main OS 1.2.26

Post by Ambient Architect » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:53 am

Just taken it round the block a few times, absolutely stunning guys! I have to say though occasionally I do have to press show twice in order for it to engage, nothing like before though and now functions as should.

Thanks!

lt773

Post by lt773 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:50 pm

I'm not sure if I heard it on hear or somewhere else, but will there be a a realease of new presets that explore the new features? I always find it helpfull to study and play with good sounding presets, opposed to always starting from the innit patch

LA Keys

Post by LA Keys » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Hey Pym

Time to rejoice! It's been a full 48 hours without bug reports since you posted the last update :mrgreen:

Let me tell you that I applaud your perseverance to do the right thing and do it well.

LA

F5D

Post by F5D » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:12 am

The new os is running quite beautifully, including the linear fm with different types of waveforms. However, I still need to check a couple of things tonight, as I feel there could be some minor things that do not work exactly as I was expecting. I will run through these tonight and report.
F5D @ Soundcloud: P12 Windscale Pads, Prophet 12 Canada (BOC), Prophet 12 Demo, Prophet '08 demo, Prophet '08 Textures - DSI Synths: Prophet 12, Prophet '08 PE, Pro-2

F5D

Post by F5D » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:01 pm

Ok, some findings below with OS 1.2.26:

1. In modulation matrix, mod source "Audio Out" does not seem to do anything, like there was no audio available at all in the mod bus. I tried this with destinations LPF Cutoff, LPF Resonance, HPF Cutoff, HPF Resonance, Osc 1 Freq etc. with no effect. I am quite sure this was working earlier with older OS versions. For comparison, using any oscillator as mod source with the same destinations does what it needs to, alters the cutoff or resonance value, or the pitch of oscillator.

2. The individual mod destination envelope sections (Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release) seem to work with reverse mod amounts. I tried this with LPF and Amp envelopes. For example using mod source velocity with positive values to any of the Filter or Amp envelope sections causes that particular env section to become shorter, when striking keys harder. Somehow I remember that this has been the case earlier as well, but I did not pay too much attantion, as I do not always use these. Nothing sort of deal breaker, if you realize that you need to use negative values to actually increase the value under modulation, but these could work with the correct polarity, positive amounts increasing the destination envelope section length, not decreasing.
F5D @ Soundcloud: P12 Windscale Pads, Prophet 12 Canada (BOC), Prophet 12 Demo, Prophet '08 demo, Prophet '08 Textures - DSI Synths: Prophet 12, Prophet '08 PE, Pro-2

F5D

Post by F5D » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:11 pm

Thanks for verifying my findings Razmo. I hope they can fix the "audio out" mod source doing nothing bug before the final release, but I agree that there are probably zillions of sounds using the wrong polarity of the env mod destinations, so maybe we can just live with that. We just need to think about them as "reduce the ->put the env mod destination name here<- value", then the positive value becomes effectively negative. I wish I had more time and energy to test the synth thoroughly, but I am quite tired at the moment. In any case, giving such betas for test on a forum like this is good practice, as people tend to use the synth in many different ways, so it is likely that somebody will spot the bugs, if they exist. With the input of this forum, I think DSI has been able to program quite an excellent OS for their flagship hybrid. I could not be happier about my investment. :)

cbmd

Post by cbmd » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:40 am

audio out mod source does work. It might be subtle depending on the nature of the patch. A good test is to mod the filter while it is self resonating. It should sounds pretty grungy with audio out modulating the cutoff.

modulating the envelopes works this way on all of our instruments. Good rule of thumb is positive modulation = shorter, negative modulation = longer.
Carson Day
Technical Support
Dave Smith Instruments

kisielk

Post by kisielk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:59 am

cmbd wrote: modulating the envelopes works this way on all of our instruments. Good rule of thumb is positive modulation = shorter, negative modulation = longer.
Another good way to think about it is that you are modulating the rate/speed, not the time.