Feature Request for Prophet 12

The Dave Smith Instruments Prophet-12 Analogue Synthesizer

Moderator: Pym

KobraT

Re: Feature Request for Prophet 12

Post by KobraT » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Step Sequencer, though I recall Dave saying he doesn't think poly's need a step sequencer in one of his NAMM videos. Seems like it would work in the same way that the 'assign' arp works.

Eliminating the need, when doing 'assign' arp, to have a key at the very beginning and end. In other words, total autonomy with placing rests at the very end or beginning of the arp.

Curvilinear envelopes for the VCF/VCA/auxs.

Purple background lights, or green, or orange, or blue! or the ability to change the OLEDcolor. Maybe even allow different params to show up as different colors on the OLED?
Last edited by KobraT on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rrauanmaa

Post by rrauanmaa » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Step Sequencer, though I recall Dave saying he doesn't think poly's need a step sequencer in one of his NAMM videos. Seems like it would work in the same way that the 'assign' arp works.
+1 for this. Pro 2 will have it so it shouldn't be a problem to use same code for P12 as well.
DSI Tempest - DSI P12 - Moog Slim Phatty - Korg M3 - Line 6 HD Pro - Line6 JTV-59 Variax TSB - Line 6 Variax Bass 700 - RME UFX - Motu Midi Express XT - Novation SL II - Cakewalk Sonar X2 + a shit load of plugins

Mr Kay

Post by Mr Kay » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:18 am

Others ideas aside the return of the original triangle as an extra waveshape

- Filter enveloppe sustain as destination in the mod matrix
- individual oscillator slop as destination in the mod matrix
- an "curve shape" parameter for the enveloppes
- the supersaw and the bucket brigade as on the pro 2 !

F5D

Post by F5D » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Mr Kay wrote:Others ideas aside the return of the original triangle as an extra waveshape
I never had the possibility to use that original triangle, as my P12 is one of the last built, and shipped with the latest firmware. Anyway, I am also interested in this, if the triangle is musically more interesting than the perfectly clean triangle.
Last edited by F5D on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
F5D @ Soundcloud: P12 Windscale Pads, Prophet 12 Canada (BOC), Prophet 12 Demo, Prophet '08 demo, Prophet '08 Textures - DSI Synths: Prophet 12, Prophet '08 PE, Pro-2

Mr Kay

Post by Mr Kay » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:27 am

The initial triangle wasn't "perfect" but for me, it was by far more interesting than the current one, it gave fantastic sounds used with PWM...

I no longer use triangle on my new sounds...

Throttler

Post by Throttler » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:57 pm

1. More Unison modes
2. Supersaw waveform
3. DADSR measured in seconds
4. Sine LFO
5. Patch volume & panning per layer
6. Modulation destination : Osc ALL Shape Mod

Thank you :)
Last edited by Throttler on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvain

Post by silvain » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:44 pm

Throttler wrote:...
Volume per layer: just turn the VCA amount. Press and hold layer A/B for simultaneous adjustment of both layers.
Pan has been mentioned before and it's a good one. Currently it only works by assigning DC in the mod matrix to pan.

Throttler

Post by Throttler » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:45 pm

silvain wrote:
Throttler wrote:...
Volume per layer: just turn the VCA amount. Press and hold layer A/B for simultaneous adjustment of both layers.
Pan has been mentioned before and it's a good one. Currently it only works by assigning DC in the mod matrix to pan.

Hi, correct me if I am wrong, but in case you have feedback or distortion, changing the VCA amount effectively changes the program sound.

maurizio.dececco

Delay lines topology

Post by maurizio.dececco » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:03 am

If i understand correctly, the P12 have four independent delay lines at the end of the voice signal path that run in parallel.
I.e. not four taps on the same delay line.

If this is true, it would be useful to have alternate topologies than running the four in parallel (like having them running one after the other,
or in a 2x2 pattern); this because if you use them to implements standard effects, you would like to build the standard multi effect structure,
like chorus -> delay, or delay -> reverb. Since they are software based, it may be possible ?

Maurizio

Kermit

Post by Kermit » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:37 am

+1

The current one is a joke.
Mr Kay wrote:The initial triangle wasn't "perfect" but for me, it was by far more interesting than the current one, it gave fantastic sounds used with PWM...

I no longer use triangle on my new sounds...

pelican

Post by pelican » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:48 am

I already asked them for the old triangle and did a poll where the original triangle won. They still won't change it or add it back. I doubt they are going to add anything. This thread's pretty pointless.

Tomavatars

Post by Tomavatars » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:48 pm

I'm not sure if it is already in this thread, but the possibility to switch from the current maximum values of the envelopes amount to another mode that would give the possibility to have more than 13 semitones at max value would be great !

smokey5100

Post by smokey5100 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:25 am

I'm a blessed mofo (not to be confused with the mopho) :mrgreen: who owns a Pro-2 as well as a P12 module. Both just received new updates last week. One improvement that I really like on the Pro 2 is when you hit the character button it goes straight to the Decimate, Drive & Hack instead of Air & Girth (like before which was kinda annoying because i'm more likely to use the other 3) so this saves me a button press. I would like it if DSI incorporated this minor improvement to the P12 Modules OS. Also in regards to the Modules Amplifier (button) it would be cool if they changed it to where when it's pressed it'll go straight to the ADSR envelopes (which is what most users like myself probably use most). Thanks for hearing out my suggestions! 8)

Soulstar

Post by Soulstar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:23 pm

It would be great to be able to freely allocate how many voices are used in each layer say 10/2 , 8/4, 1/11, would the P12 architecture allow this ?

silvain

Post by silvain » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:37 pm

Soulstar wrote:It would be great to be able to freely allocate how many voices are used in each layer say 10/2 , 8/4, 1/11, would the P12 architecture allow this ?
Sorry SoulStar, this isn't possible. The distortion is routed to six voices each. I guess this is also, why distortion amount is not a mod matrix destination.

RobbaSvenna

Post by RobbaSvenna » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:40 pm

I would like to request Slop as a Mod Source. In my mind it would be a really cool feature... ;)

silvain

Post by silvain » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:44 pm

I'd love to see true sample and hold for the mod matrix as source and
dest. So you could pass an LFO or env into it and use the output to
modulate one of the other destinations.

Kermit

Post by Kermit » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:43 pm

A SIN wave in the LFOs would be the best!!

snogglethorpe

Post by snogglethorpe » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:50 am

Some mod destinations, like various oscillator parameters, currently have "All Mod" destinations that let you use a single mod-matrix slot to modulate all related destinations identically. However not all mod destinations that occur in groups have this feature, and it can be a bit annoying.

I would like to have "All Mod" destinations for the various existing mod destinations that occur in groups, in particular, "Delay Time", "Delay Amount", "Delay Feedback", etc. I find I often want to modulate all the delays identically.

[I can just use four mod-matrix slots to modulate all the delays identically, but this is both annoying and eats up mod-matrix slots very quickly... there are only sixteen...! :]

Thanks!
我不是猫〜

garynotgary

Post by garynotgary » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:00 pm

I have a few suggestions for uses of the touchstrips inspired by guitar playing.

1. I'd love to be able to touch the touch strip in order to retrigger the envelopes of the notes held down. I'd love this to create bass lines that sound more like they were played like a bass guitar.

2. Strumming on the touch strips. I'd love it if you could hold down a chord and strum it on the touch strips like an omnichord. A bit messier idea would be to allow strumming through the sequence determined by the sequencer/arpeggiator settings.